|
|
hello!
i haven't written in my blog for a friggin friggin long time. So there are loads to update about, ranging from Arts Camp 2009 to a very 'colourful' nuSTUDIOS activities, my 21st xoxo, GLEEBERRY, and I believe that i meant to blog about my eyebrow experience aye.
THATS ALOT. damn it.
okay colin-style:
Arts Camp 2009


it is THE BEST CAMP I ATTENDED EVERRR!!! I usually hate all the whole cheering thing, and I have this inertia to making new friends. But this year I just decided to not care so much, and just have fun! And surprisingly I did! I don't know why. I think it's really the freshies who are so fun and all that. When councillors cheer, we are rarely alone, and the freshies are very enthusiastic about learning new stuff and very very on about rolling on tarpaulin sheets that has detergent and water, and also sticking their face in flour! Overall I really had loads of fun this Arts Camp. Initially I did not even feel like going because I did not even sign up for it, but thankgdness Ade signed up for me, otherwise I wouldn't have known it was so much fun!
Film Camp 2009



This is the very first time that a major nuSTUDIOS event is being organised by a non-exco member and that was very exciting to me! It opens up the possibility for studios events to be done in projects already! Although there were many challenges encountered in organising this camp, such as finding a venue when our usual cheap but big location of Aloha Loyang became Singapore's designated H1N1 quarantine centre, and then nearing to the camp date, people were falling ill (no temperature but slight flu and sorethroats) so it was horrible because councillors had to drop out to stay home during camp. STILL, the camp participants had alot of fun, and two videos were successfully made, and the BBQ was just so awesome. Siegrid really managed to pull everything together to well it's just fabulous! And this is the first time ever that we have people CHEERING during film camp. Unlike most FOP camps happening in NUS, Film Camp is a lot more serious because it involves learning how to make a film and actually making a film during the camp. But during the last day, everyone was in high spirits, and they were cheering, and basically having a lot of fun. After camp on FB, camp participants msged me on FB saying how they thought the camp was awesome. So, that's good!
21st XOXO


I AM BLOODY 21 ALREADY!!! I was sooo damn worried about putting together a birthday party for the very first time. 21 years and I never actually had a birthday party with friends because I always felt embarrassed whenever I was any centre of attention and i hated it. But it was my 21st so i decided that if i did not celebrate it, i will truly regret it. So it was held at Red Dot, thanks to dudley for helping me arrange it and Andrew for giving me the heads-up on how it could be a wonderful place for a little gathering.
Well, I meant to invite all my closer friends, and it's so funny because it turned out to be so many I couldn't decide who to invite. I managed to size down but it was really difficult and I still couldn't invite everyone i wanted to invite.
Well, it was really fun and i got really wonderful presents from all my lovely friends and Duds! Duds gave me a really pretty Key necklace (my parents refuse to buy me a key because they think it's lame) and he got me a BLACK BIRD FLYYYY! A TLR!! =)) And then I got a Ukulele from my NUS friends (it's brilliant because it's so tiny i can carry it around and play), but then the not so awesome part was asking me to go on the little stage in Red Dot to perform. Then there was my secondary school mates who bought me a Holga with a fish eye lens! And then i received vouchers from my awesome cousins and nuSTUDIOS! Yulin got me a beautiful key too! I can't wait to wear it out!
That night was probably also the first time in my life i ever gone on stage and sing I'm Yours twice (thanks ah, bright) the whole night, and have 'Happy Birthday' sung to me like 3-4 times just that night.
It was overall very wonderful, and I'd like to thank all the people for making that night really memorable. My 21st was a hit! =)
GLEEBERRY AWESOMEEE. we done our second photoshoot and our collection will be coming up tomorrow! Be sure to watch out for it. The photos are alot better I think and we will keep on improving. But be sure to give us some support, either by adding your friends to our group, adding yourself to our mailing list, or if you have some cash to spare, support us by buying 1 or 2 dresses. Because really, we'd really love to keep continuing, but we need our stocks to move!
D.S.EE.T shoot







It was way better than the first shoot definitely. Because I know what to expect already, and the venue was much better. and the shoot went on really smoothly. Dr Se..et was really nice and easy to work with, and he did a wonderful job as usual talking to the guests and the Fif..o team was very helpful in settling everything on getting the guests and nuSTU.DIOS just provided the production setup to film and then edit. Yesterday, I brought in three new people (other than exco) and it turned out really good because although they been through film camp/school they felt they learnt alot from this filming experience. Adding this to our overall film school and in production programmes is a very exciting prospect or cornerstone for nuSTU.DIOS. Furthermore, Dr Se..et and fif..o team were very excited about bringing this further to even OKTO on tv. I like how things are going for this. Thank god.
------------------------------------
alright, today was wonderful-not, if not for a understanding boyfriend and good sushi. I don't know why i feel so damn tired and sick of being so busy already. All my commitments are making me feel like pulling my hair out and just runaway. But, then again, i'm really excited of all that is happening, and that i'm here in the middle of it all. i love it. it's like an adventure and i don't want to stop. i feel like it's giving me opportunity for change that may impact others in the future, and maybe making film-making and appreciation a bigger thing/opportunity/platform for others. but it's really tiring. and i wanna be careful not to make it tiring or sacrificing school grades for my exco. i am trying really hard, and i hope to that my exco would try their best to to do more as i try to look out for them too.
anyhow, im damn tired. i think i took forver to write this post. mostly cos im watching fantastic 4 on tv too. (never watch before)
life is exciting. i love it sometimes. i hate it sometimes.
|
|
|
|
hello!
i haven't written in my blog for a friggin friggin long time. So there are loads to update about, ranging from Arts Camp 2009 to a very 'colourful' nuSTUDIOS activities, my 21st xoxo, GLEEBERRY, and I believe that i meant to blog about my eyebrow experience aye.
THATS ALOT. damn it.
okay colin-style:
Arts Camp 2009


it is THE BEST CAMP I ATTENDED EVERRR!!! I usually hate all the whole cheering thing, and I have this inertia to making new friends. But this year I just decided to not care so much, and just have fun! And surprisingly I did! I don't know why. I think it's really the freshies who are so fun and all that. When councillors cheer, we are rarely alone, and the freshies are very enthusiastic about learning new stuff and very very on about rolling on tarpaulin sheets that has detergent and water, and also sticking their face in flour! Overall I really had loads of fun this Arts Camp. Initially I did not even feel like going because I did not even sign up for it, but thankgdness Ade signed up for me, otherwise I wouldn't have known it was so much fun!
Film Camp 2009



This is the very first time that a major nuSTUDIOS event is being organised by a non-exco member and that was very exciting to me! It opens up the possibility for studios events to be done in projects already! Although there were many challenges encountered in organising this camp, such as finding a venue when our usual cheap but big location of Aloha Loyang became Singapore's designated H1N1 quarantine centre, and then nearing to the camp date, people were falling ill (no temperature but slight flu and sorethroats) so it was horrible because councillors had to drop out to stay home during camp. STILL, the camp participants had alot of fun, and two videos were successfully made, and the BBQ was just so awesome. Siegrid really managed to pull everything together to well it's just fabulous! And this is the first time ever that we have people CHEERING during film camp. Unlike most FOP camps happening in NUS, Film Camp is a lot more serious because it involves learning how to make a film and actually making a film during the camp. But during the last day, everyone was in high spirits, and they were cheering, and basically having a lot of fun. After camp on FB, camp participants msged me on FB saying how they thought the camp was awesome. So, that's good!
21st XOXO


I AM BLOODY 21 ALREADY!!! I was sooo damn worried about putting together a birthday party for the very first time. 21 years and I never actually had a birthday party with friends because I always felt embarrassed whenever I was any centre of attention and i hated it. But it was my 21st so i decided that if i did not celebrate it, i will truly regret it. So it was held at Red Dot, thanks to dudley for helping me arrange it and Andrew for giving me the heads-up on how it could be a wonderful place for a little gathering.
Well, I meant to invite all my closer friends, and it's so funny because it turned out to be so many I couldn't decide who to invite. I managed to size down but it was really difficult and I still couldn't invite everyone i wanted to invite.
Well, it was really fun and i got really wonderful presents from all my lovely friends and Duds! Duds gave me a really pretty Key necklace (my parents refuse to buy me a key because they think it's lame) and he got me a BLACK BIRD FLYYYY! A TLR!! =)) And then I got a Ukulele from my NUS friends (it's brilliant because it's so tiny i can carry it around and play), but then the not so awesome part was asking me to go on the little stage in Red Dot to perform. Then there was my secondary school mates who bought me a Holga with a fish eye lens! And then i received vouchers from my awesome cousins and nuSTUDIOS! Yulin got me a beautiful key too! I can't wait to wear it out!
That night was probably also the first time in my life i ever gone on stage and sing I'm Yours twice (thanks ah, bright) the whole night, and have 'Happy Birthday' sung to me like 3-4 times just that night.
It was overall very wonderful, and I'd like to thank all the people for making that night really memorable. My 21st was a hit! =)
GLEEBERRY AWESOMEEE. we done our second photoshoot and our collection will be coming up tomorrow! Be sure to watch out for it. The photos are alot better I think and we will keep on improving. But be sure to give us some support, either by adding your friends to our group, adding yourself to our mailing list, or if you have some cash to spare, support us by buying 1 or 2 dresses. Because really, we'd really love to keep continuing, but we need our stocks to move!
D.S.EE.T shoot







It was way better than the first shoot definitely. Because I know what to expect already, and the venue was much better. and the shoot went on really smoothly. Dr Se..et was really nice and easy to work with, and he did a wonderful job as usual talking to the guests and the Fif..o team was very helpful in settling everything on getting the guests and nuSTU.DIOS just provided the production setup to film and then edit. Yesterday, I brought in three new people (other than exco) and it turned out really good because although they been through film camp/school they felt they learnt alot from this filming experience. Adding this to our overall film school and in production programmes is a very exciting prospect or cornerstone for nuSTU.DIOS. Furthermore, Dr Se..et and fif..o team were very excited about bringing this further to even OKTO on tv. I like how things are going for this. Thank god.
------------------------------------
alright, today was wonderful-not, if not for a understanding boyfriend and good sushi. I don't know why i feel so damn tired and sick of being so busy already. All my commitments are making me feel like pulling my hair out and just runaway. But, then again, i'm really excited of all that is happening, and that i'm here in the middle of it all. i love it. it's like an adventure and i don't want to stop. i feel like it's giving me opportunity for change that may impact others in the future, and maybe making film-making and appreciation a bigger thing/opportunity/platform for others. but it's really tiring. and i wanna be careful not to make it tiring or sacrificing school grades for my exco. i am trying really hard, and i hope to that my exco would try their best to to do more as i try to look out for them too.
anyhow, im damn tired. i think i took forver to write this post. mostly cos im watching fantastic 4 on tv too. (never watch before)
life is exciting. i love it sometimes. i hate it sometimes.
|
|
Profile
Email: Sabrina
Other accounts and whatnot. (:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Sabrina
Live High
NUS
nuSTUDIOS.
Music.
Fashion.
|
|
I love cats
|
|